I wasn’t going to do a New Year post with everything else going on, but as I sit here with kids in bed and finishing up some exciting work stuff, I can’t help but want to share some bits of reflection with you, my dear readers.
2014 has been a long year full of so many things that I want to remember. Here’s the highlights:
- In January, we found out we were expecting Baby #5! And our oldest child turned SIX!
- In February, I hosted Blogging Concentrated – Kansas City with Dan Morris and Rachel Martin.
- In March, I got to attend Opening Day at Comerica Park in Detroit to see my beloved Kansas City Royals take on the Tigers.
- In April, our twins turned TWO!
- In May, I got to experience Giulio & Sons for the first time and had a visit from the lovely Jen Burtch and her boys!
- In June, I turned 26, our oldest son turned FOUR, and we had an amazing trip back home to Missouri for a bit.
- In July, we announced we were having a GIRL!
- In August, I went crazy nesting and organizing.
- In September, we went on an awesome little trip to Ohio. Oh, and we had a baby.
- In October, family visited to see #babyAlex, and our beloved KC Royals played in the postseason for the first time in 29 YEARS!
- In November, we started our homeschooling journey, #babyAlex and I visited the adoba hotel again, and we took a fun little trip to Chicago for the Toy & Game Fair.
- In December, we read a lot of books, purged a lot of toys, planned for 2015, and took this EPIC holiday picture.