Ever reach a point where you have so much to do but can’t seem to gain any traction to actually get it done?
I was there last week: a to-do list a mile long, plenty of time to do it, but still sitting their aimlessly staring at the list.
There were even things on the list that I wanted to do, but I felt guilty not doing the “musts” first.
So how can we break this cycle?
5 Things To Do When You Feel Stuck
- Knock out the easy tasks. — Even if they are Priority C on your list. If it’s quick and easy, get it done. Being able to cross off a bunch of items fast can give you major momentum!
- Eat the frog. — Tackle the most-dreaded item on your list. Most likely it won’t be as difficult or time consuming as you thought.
- Get some perspective. — When I’m really stuck, I get a second opinion on my list. Having a friend that I can trust to help me re-prioritize and who will call me out on laziness or taking too much on is priceless.
- Do something fun! — Pick a task that you’re looking forward to and bump it up the list. Sure, it may not be the most important task, but it will give you a productivity boost.
- Take a break. — If you’re like me, walking away from an unfinished list is HARD. But an hour to play with the kids or a work-free weekend to spend quality time with hubby can bring you back reenergized and ready to accomplish anything!
What else do you do to help get unstuck?