When I moved to Wichita last year, I developed an expensive addiction: Starbuck’s Salted Caramel Mochas. So yummy! And of course, Erin knew she can bribe me to do just about anything with one. Well, at about $5 each, I can’t afford to have one of these made by the barista everyday. So what’s a girl to do? Make her own! (And this is coming in really handy this season since we just moved again and the nearest Starbucks is 30 minutes away!)
- 3/4 cups Strong Coffee
- 3/4 cups Milk (steamed)
- 3 tablespoons Hot Cocoa Mix (about half a pre-made package)
- 2 tablespoons Caramel Coffee Syrup
- Whipped Cream (we love homemade)
- drizzle Caramel Syrup
- pinch Sea Salt
- pinch Demerara Sugar
- Mix cocoa powder and caramel coffee syrup together in your mug.
- Add coffee and stir to dissolve the cocoa mix.
- Add steamed milk and stir. (I love this quick method.)
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle of caramel syrup.
- Combine sea salt and demerara sugar and sprinkle on top.