My husband was gone for a work conference all of last week, so the kids and I were home alone. I didn’t really meal plan and just made things out of the pantry that I thought the kids would enjoy. I usually don’t cook much when Josh is gone, because, well let’s be honest, there isn’t much point in cooking a meal when your kids are just going to pick at it anyway.
Here are the three meals I made, and then we had two nights of leftovers. Saturday was our oldest’s 5th birthday, so we had a small get-together with friends and family and grilled hot dogs and brats. I tried my hand at homemade baked beans, as well!
Shrimp & Broccoli Risotto
Parm-Crusted Tilapia with Quinoa Mix and Carrots
Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs and Sauce
Now for the really fun portion of What’s Cookin’? Wednesday…the link party! That’s right folks, we’re going to start a weekly kitchen-themed link party right here at Simplify Mommyhood!
So, here are the rules:
1) Link up anything kitchen related. — Menu plans, recipes, kitchen tips & tricks, kitchen organization/DIY.
2) Make sure you are linking to a specific blog post, not your homepage!
3) Mingle! No one likes a wall-flower! – Stop by the blogs around you on the list. Comment and let them know who you are and where you’re visiting from! If you like them, follow them!
4) Grab a button or leave a text link back to here on the post you link up.
5) Don’t forget to subscribe to Simplify Mommyhood so you don’t miss out on being featured or future link parties!
***By entering this link party, you give me permission to use your photos if you are chosen as a feature!***
All things happening in the kitchen!